Home PageFacebookTwitterLinkedIn



Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates. 


Most real estate agents know the exposure they have to this. The good news for the 1099 independent contractor real estate agent working for a broker is that unlike the brokers General Liability policy that EXCLUDES coverage for the acts of a 1099 sub, most good Real Estate E&O offers protection for the brokers real estate agents including the 1099 independent contractors. (Make sure to check your policy). In fact, the rating basis for Brokers E&O insurance is either revenue of all the real estate agents combined OR by number of real estate agents and number of closed transactions.

So, who needs E&O:

  • Brokers who have real estate operations set up such as a Keller Williams Market Center.
  • An independent real estate firm that has real estate agents working for them 
  • An individual that works as a real estate agent/broker on their own if allowed.

Real Estate E&O can be quite affordable for the smaller firms with just one or two agents. The price increases as the number of agents increases and revenues increase. Be aware of purchasing a Real Estate E&O policy that is really a “Miscelleneous E&O” policy dressed up to look like a Real Estate E&O policy. Your best bet is always to secure coverage with a true Real Estate E&O policy.

© Aegis National Insurance Agency, LLC, All Rights Reserved | 844-462-3447 | Home Office: 13804 Hull Street Road, Suite 201, Midlothian, Virginia 23112